FAQsAre you taking new patients? Yes, we are currently taking new patients ages 15 and older. For information on consultations for younger children, please give us a call or send an email at http://pappashealth.com/contact-us/ What insurances do you take? Do you accept Medicare?
- We DO NOT accept or participate with any insurance and have Opted-Out of Medicare and are considered out-of-network. Please check with your insurance to see if you have out-of-network benefits.
- We DO submit all lab work to the insurance. (Note: The amount charged may be greater than the amount reimbursed by your insurance plan. You will be held responsible for payment of the difference.)
- We have opted out of Medicare but will manage submission of all blood work to Medicare on your behalf.
- Presciption Services
- New prescriptions, refills and Prior Authorizations
- Including: Physical/Occupational Therapy, Plan of Care, Imaging, Blood Work and other testing, DME, etc.
- Consultations for:
- Annual Physical Exams, consultation for work and school forms, acute visits, etc.
Insurance, Billing, and Payments Insurance and Billing We are an insurance free practice and a low volume office, offering our patients comprehensive care, expecting payment at time of service unless other arrangements have been made ahead of time, and providing you with the appropriate forms for reimbursement from your insurance company. Pappas Health is not enrolled as a “network health care provider/facility” with any insurance carrier. If you have a PPO plan that allows you to go “outside” of their network of approved health care providers, a portion of your assessment may be eligible for reimbursement. We will give you a superbill to submit to your insurance, after your appointment. To simplify the process, we recommend calling your insurance company prior to your visit to find out about what your specific plan will cover. Any eligible reimbursement will go directly to you. We have chosen this path because we believe this is the best way to liberate the doctor patient relationship without the intrusive decisions forced upon us by insurers. We can thus together in partnership make a decision that’s right for you. Most medical plans anticipate a 20 to 30 minute physical and a 10 minute office visit/follow up which they reimburse accordingly. As we spend much time working to optimize your health we have declined to enroll as an “in-network provider” which would force us to minimize our time together. We provide lengthy visits and can often accomplish more in one visit than “in-network” providers do in several. Medical insurance is intended to cover emergency health problems, and to treat (not reverse) medical problems. If you want to optimize your health and prevent problems before they occur, likely you need to cover some of this expense. Please remember, optimal health is your single most important asset; don’t neglect it. If you have an HMO plan or a plan that requires you to be seen “in-network” it is very unlikely that your assessment with us would be covered by your insurance plan. Of course you are encouraged to schedule an appointment with us to optimize your health in ways that a traditional medical insurance plan will not. We are not Medicare providers; however we are able to order any tests needed for Medicare patents and these should be covered. Pappas Health does not participate in Medicare, and all patients with Medicare on any federally funded insurance program will need to sign a private contract. In factoring in costs, please keep in mind that the most expensive part of the visit are the laboratory tests which are customarily covered by your insurance if drawn at a major laboratory and if we order them. It is important to note that the patient is responsible to check with the insurance plan to find out which lab company is preferred and if any labs will not be covered. PAYMENT We require payment on the day of service. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and personal checks. A fee will be issued in the event of insufficient funds.
Cancellation Policy Please be courteous, and provide 24 hours notice for all cancelled appointments. This helps ensure that we can meet the needs of all of our patients who are waiting to get an appointment. There will be a fee for patients that no-show, which could be the cost of the visit type scheduled.
- Any records you would like to share with Dr. Pappas
- Please complete all questionairres and online forms from the patient portal at least 48hrs before your appointment
- Feel free to bring all supplement bottles with you
- We encourage that you bring a friend or family member with you if you would find that would be helpful.
Fees Initial Comprehensive Consultation $600 (First time patients to Dr Pappas, NOT patients from his previous offices) Physical Exam $500 ( existing patients) Consultations and follow ups are billed by the complexity of the visit and can range from between $250-$500. OPTIONAL MEMBERSHIPS Pappas Primary Care Plus $300/ year (Note: this fee is required if you choose to have Dr Pappas as your Primary Care Provider) Membership Fees as of January 2020
- Silver $ 2000/ year
- Gold $3000/year
- ** soon to come, Platinum, details coming soon