Comprehensive Consultation and Physical Exam
Initial Comprehensive Consultation
The Initial comprehensive consultation is for new patients to our clinic (does not apply to any existing patients). We will thoroughly review your history and story in a detailed fashion using an in depth questionnaire and any other data you can provide including prior labs, imaging studies, and any other doctor’s reports . The length and thoroughness of the questions will attest to the fact that I hold in high value what the renowned Doctor Osler said about patients, ” It is much more important to know what sort of patient has a disease, than what sort of disease a patient has.” This is a much more exhaustive historical analysis than is used by most primary care physicians.
Areas to be reviewed will include :
• Current and past medical history including a timeline of key events
• Review of symptoms
• Nutrition and fitness history
• Goals and readiness assessment
• Lifestyle assessment
• Detailed questionnaires covering areas of nutrient deficiencies, toxins, hormones, and metabolism
• Examination with vital signs
• Detailed measurement of body composition to include muscle mass, body fat, and resting metabolic rate using a state of the art bioelectrical impedance scale
• Specific laboratory recommendations which may include traditional labs and more detailed or functional labs (for example-digestive, metabolic, and hormone testing)
The visit is primarily an information gathering and sharing session. I may make some simple recommendations at this time, but most customized advice will be deferred until after lab results are in and there has been time to thoughtfully consider your case. The session will last approximately 60 minutes.
A follow up consultation is recommended and can be done in person or via a secure telemedicine video-conference or by phone. A detailed action plan will be created with specific and personalized goals and treatments outlined. I have found this is best done speaking either with a face to face encounter or through telemedicine/phone. This may last anywhere from 15-30 minutes.
Physical exams will cover the areas as above but since this is reserved for existing patients that I am familiar with and will have less outside data to review, it is priced accordingly. The session will last approximately 60 minutes.